I have been writing devotionals of one sort or another for over ten years, beginning in the year 2009 or 2010 on Facebook. I felt it was important to share, as a form of accountability, what God was teaching me with others. This year, in one of the Bible studies I paticipated in at church, a renowned scholar noted that people need to read and meditate on the Bible daily (Got that one covered) and do in-depth Bible study weekly. (gulp) I began thinking about how to do that, as well as recognize that what I am doing here is more of a discipleship ministry than anything. So, I began pondering how I could transform Daily Enduring Truth into a more in-depth discipleship ministry.
Here are some of the things that I am looking at doing…after months of prayer. Some will happen quickly. Others may take years. All of them, of course, are subject to God’s direction.
- I will no longer be publishing original devotionals on a daily basis. I will post the Bible reading I do for the day. I may include a link to a previous year’s devotional. I will make my devotional eBooks available for free or for $0.99. I will lower the price of the paperback copies. The January-February book is available here.
- I will develop a mailing list to pass on information. (you can sign up here if you like.)
- I will be posting an in-depth Bible study once a week
- I will be writing or working with other writers to get books on growing as a disciple available.
- I will be looking at publishing Clean/Christian Fiction – especially anthologies – to provide more wholesome entertainent.
- I will develop this ministry as a non-profit ministry so that I can provide materials to people who could not otherwise afford it to help them grow.
Here’s the thing: my goal is to see people grow in their relationship with the Lord. I’m open to other suggestions. I’d love to see you take this journey with me as we help God’s people all over the world, grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. As you see changes happening, thank God for them and ask Him to use them for His glory.